Reflections Art Program—2017-2018
Reflections is a nation-wide PTA program offering students an opportunity to explore their artistic talents and express themselves.
Students preschool to high school can participate in Reflections. They do not need to be "amazing" artists in order to do well in the Reflections competition. Judging focuses on interpretation of the theme and creativity along with artistic merit.
Entries can advance from the school level, to state, to the national level.
This year's Theme:
Deadline for submission to Isbell PTA:
October 20, 2017
How to enter:
- Create a new artwork inspired by this year’s theme.
- Complete a Student Entry Form. Parent must be a PTA member.
- All entries must include the “Artistic Statement” (on the entry form).
- Submit art (according to the rules for its specific category) and your entry form by the this year's deadline
There is no limit to the number of entries per child. Complete information (Forms, Rules and Resources) are available on the Texas PTA Reflections webpage.
Student Entry Form
- Do not accept creative help from an adult.
- Do not collaborate with other students — except in the Special Artist Division. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student.
- Do not use copyrighted material— except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries.
- Do not ignore any of the national or state guidelines.
Studies show that students who frequently engage in Arts activities show success in school and beyond. Art programs strengthen problem solving and critical thinking therefore empowering students in their decision making. So encourage your kids to get involved!